LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which function block do I use in my vi to configure a NI USB6008 for ANALOGUE OUTPUT.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have a USB6008 which I am using to monitor 3 inputs. I wish to add the analogue output AO0 to control a 0-5 volt output. Which function do I use in Labview 2010 to do this ?

The DAQ assistant will only let me acquire signals not generate so I need something similar to the daq assistant but for generating signals not acquiring.

thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,408 Views)

Have a look at this thread which may get you started:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Configuration-of-USB-6008/m-p/269421

You can do a search on "configure 6008" and you will get many threads discussing how to configure the DAQ device and how to use it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,404 Views)

@Andy K wrote:

The DAQ assistant will only let me acquire signals not generate so I need something similar to the daq assistant but for generating signals not acquiring.

thanks

Andy

The DAQ Assistant will most certainly allow you to create an analog output task.

DAQ Assistant.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,388 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andy_K

Each Task can only contain 1 type of channel so a DI task has all digital input chanels and a AI task can only contain Analog input chanels there is no way to mix these chanels in a single task.  you CAN create and run both a AI task and a AO task on the same device.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,375 Views)

Jeff

Job done !!!

my problem was that I was being lazy and had done a copy/paste of DAQ assistant 1 that was acquiring signals.

When I added the DAQ assistant 2 in the block diagram by selecting signal express>generate signals>daq assistant from the function palette I got the "create new express task" window appear where generate or acquire appears as an option which wasn't there before.

thanks for your help all

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,358 Views)