LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which driver is required to interface LabVIEW 2012 with NI cRio 9025

Dear Sir

I am trying to interface the LabVIEW 2012 with NI cRio 9025. But I did not see the device in MAX then I read through the internet that I need to install NI RIO driver. Can you please guide me from where I can get this driver?

The installed Labview toolkits as appeared in Function Block is attached. 

Thank You

Kind Regards

Muhammad Irfan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,196 Views)

Hi Irfan,

But I did not see the device in MAX

Then why don't you show a screenshot of MAX?

An image of the device is irrelevant here…

then I read through the internet that I need to install NI RIO driver. Can you please guide me from where I can get this driver?

From your installation package. As you need LabVIEW-Realtime (and maybe LabVIEW-FPGA) modules you should have get all the needed DVDs…

The installed Labview toolkits as appeared in Function Block is attached. 

This is irrelevant.

Please post a screenshot of MAX with the "Software" tree expanded!

- How did you connect your PC and the cRIO? Is there a switch or router involved? Are both devices in the same IP subnet?

- Did you follow the installation description in the user manual of the cRIO9025?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,187 Views)

Dear Sir

1. The screenshot of the MAX has been attached.

2. We connected the CRIO 9025 with Laptop through ethernet cable. The IP settings were made according to the instruction manual given in our lab (screen short attached)

3. The LabVIEW installed on my laptop has the real-time and FPGA toolkit installed. You can see in the previous screenshot.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,175 Views)

Hi tronoh,

1. The screenshot of the MAX has been attached.

I asked specifically for a screenshot with "Software tree expanded". Please try again!

2. We connected the CRIO 9025 with Laptop through ethernet cable. The IP settings were made according to the instruction manual given in our lab (screen short attached)

I'm used to configure the very same IP subnet on my computer and the cRIO instead of using 10.10.10.x on the computer and 169.254.125.x for cRIO. But I'm no expert in IP subnet configuration, so when your instructor tells you to do so you need to do so (and ask him/her about IP configuration)!

3. The LabVIEW installed on my laptop has the real-time and FPGA toolkit installed. You can see in the previous screenshot.

No, I can't. You have those palettes not expanded nor did you attach the MAX screenshot as I requested (see point 1)…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,170 Views)

I have connected the cRION 9025 with PXIe-1082. I can see the  cRION 9025 icon appear under the remote system. Attached is the screenshot.

Can you please confirm whether the device IP is correctly configured? And what is the further process to measure data of accelerometer connected with slot 1 of cRio9025, NI9234 module. 

Should I use DAQ assistant to acquire data?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,166 Views)

Hi tronoh,

Can you please confirm whether the device IP is correctly configured?

Well, atleast you can see the cRIO now with MAX.

I still prefer to use the very same subnet for PC host and cRIO… (Ask your network admin!)

And what is the further process to measure data of accelerometer connected with slot 1 of cRio9025, NI9234 module. 

Now you start programming the cRIO!

(LabVIEW comes with ready-to-use example projects explaining the basic steps of communication between PC host and cRIO target.)

Should I use DAQ assistant to acquire data?

No, DAQmx does not work with cRIO devices.

(Well, now there are brand-new devices which offer that, but your cRIO is a little bit older…)

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 13
(3,160 Views)

Dear Mr. GerdW

Our objective is to measure the vibration using an accelerometer. We want to display vibration data on a graph and want to calculate time domain parameters. We have following NI modules:

NI 9234 (Attached photo)

LabVIEW 2012

1. We do not want to use compactRio (due to the problem in the interface).

2. Is it possible that we buy NI USB 9162 module and connect it to NI 9234 module.

3. Then the USB connection with the Laptop and then measure the vibration using DAQ Assistant.

What is your advise about this? Will it work? Do we need any other interface or driver?

I shall be thankful to you for your attention and consideration.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,140 Views)

Hi tronoh,

1. We do not want to use compactRio (due to the problem in the interface).

Which "problem in the interface"? I'm always happy to work with cRIO devices…

2. Is it possible that we buy NI USB 9162 module and connect it to NI 9234 module.

Sure. The manual even explicitely mentions this option!

3. Then the USB connection with the Laptop and then measure the vibration using DAQ Assistant. What is your advise about this? Will it work? Do we need any other interface or driver?

It will work. You don't neet a different "interface"…

My advise: get rid of DAQAssistent and use "plain" DAQmx functions. They are really easy to use and LabVIEW comes with a huge library of example VIs…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 8 of 13
(3,133 Views)

Thank you for your advice.

1. How much will be the cost of NI USB 9162?

2. Can we interface accelerometer (which has BNC connector) with PCI card (SCB68 connection terminal)?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,131 Views)

Hi tronoh,

1. Call your local NI sales rep! (Or check NI's website…)

2. Which "PCI card" are you talking about? Surely you can connect an accelerometer to a SCB68 connector box - the important part is the DAQ hardware you use "behind" that SCB68…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,128 Views)