From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which analog VI to trigger relays?

I inherited a prototype scientific experiment that wasn't working. The setup is USB 6009, with analog output triggering solid state relays.

All my labview work has been with digital VI. I'm not sure which Analog VI to use for this digital type function.

Can someone suggest example analog VIs for outputting 4 volts to trigger the relay, leaving it on for several minutes, then setting output back to 0 to turn it off.

Please excuse the elementary nature of this request.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,462 Views)
The USB 6009 has digital outputs, so do you actually *have* to use the analog output channels?

If so, there are generally 2 ways to do this:

Method 1: Write out a single value (4V), wait, and then write out a 0.
Method 2: Create a waveform that's your pulse, and write out the waveform.

Unfortunately, the USB 6009 is a software-timed device as it has no onboard memory, so you can't use Method 2. You can find examples that ship with LabVIEW on analog output generation (Help -> Find Examples). You can also just use the DAQ Assistant.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,450 Views)
Thanks. The people working on this before me has used DAQ assistant and were putting out an analog signal. I wanted to understand how to use more low level analog vis.

Their prior usage and the markings on the device led me to believe the USB 6009 was analog only. I guess step one is finding the documentation on the device.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction to get more info.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,443 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,440 Views)