From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which DAQ card support to Capture AC signal voltage?

I am new in Labview programing and i plan to capture AC Voltagel(Not DC voltage). 

I have DAQ 6009 card.

My question is DAQ 6009  support Capture AC voltage? otherwise which DAQ card support to capture AC voltage

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,295 Views)

The question is what is AC for you? If you are talking about this system http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/de/nid/201987 you have a maximum sample rate of 48 kHz, so according to the Nyquist criterion you can sample up to 24 kHz. Is that AC enough?

Cheers

Edgar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,288 Views)

Hi CPUT

You can find the detailed specifications of the 6009 here. You can measure an AC voltage between ±10 V of GND using this module. 

Kind Regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,286 Views)

@CPUT wrote:

I am new in Labview programing and i plan to capture AC Voltagel(Not DC voltage). 

I have DAQ 6009 card.

My question is DAQ 6009  support Capture AC voltage? otherwise which DAQ card support to capture AC voltage

An AC signal is nothing more than a constantly changing DC voltage.  Ok, there's more to it than that.  But still, the DAQ takes quick snapshots of what the signal voltage is at a given instant.  If you take enough of these snapshots, you can recreate the signal.  Niquist states that you need to sample at at least twice the bandwidth of your AC signal.  I recommend more of 3-5 times.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,281 Views)