LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to start with Field Point application

I'm a student in college. I've been asked to do some programming in LabVIEW for some SCR research that we're doing. We're setting up a system with Fieldpoint and we've just finished ordering all parts. I want to get a head-start on programming before everything arrives. I've allready written down my logic for the programs on paper and I think that I want to set up some signal generation (I read a little about it in the help). I know that you guys are experts so I'm looking for advice.

Where's the best place to start for a newbie, having no hardware actually hooked up yet?

Any ideas will be great.

Thanks,
Kenneth
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,164 Views)
Hi Kenneth,
my suggestion is this great "NI Development Library" [http://www.ni.com/devzone/libraries/default.htm]
and ... have fun !
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,164 Views)
Kenneth,

Depending on your level of experience with LabVIEW, you may want to pick up a basic LabVIEW programming guide or two so you can learn the basics.

In addition, we have many resources available on our web site such as manuals, example programs, and tutorials that will help get you on your way.

Specifically, go to www.ni.com and then click on technical support. Under option 2, click on more hardware products. On the nex page click on FieldPoint. This will lead you to the Fieldpoint support page that contains all the pertinent resources you may wish to use.

We also offer a wide variety of instructor led and self-paced classes dealing with LabVIEW and industrial automation.

Should you get stuck along the way, we offer support through pho
ne, email and developer exchange.

Good luck.

Sarah Fenney
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,164 Views)