From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the server address and port stored that is configured in NI License Manager?

Hi,

I am trying to configure a silent installation of LabView.  I have tried the specfile and put in the license code etc..  I cannot see a place there to configure a license server address.

I've run NI License Manager on a reference PC and have configured one there but how can I deploy that config to a number of PCs?  How is it stored and where is it stored?

thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,716 Views)

I think I am answering my own question.

I managed to find the content 'Automating Activation' in the NI License Manager help file.

After completing the install I need to sequence the command

nilmutil.exe -addservers server:12345

Is this correct?

thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,711 Views)

Last question (I promise)

If I dont have a volume license how do I determine what my 'package' or 'family' is?

Package
Syntax: nilmUtil.exe -activate "packagename version"
Example: nilmUtil.exe -activate "LabVIEW_PDSM_PKG 8.0500" 

Family
Syntax: nilmUtil.exe -family "family"
Example: nilmUtil.exe -family "LabVIEW_ADE_080600" 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,701 Views)

Hi csjjpm,

The package and family only apply when used with license files. You can work out the package and family by opening a .lic file with something such as Notepad++ and looking for the PACKAGE and FAMILy keyword within there.

Best Regards,

James Kent

James Kent | Applications Engineer | National Instruments UK & Ireland
w: uk.ni.com | ireland.ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,644 Views)

Thanks James that is really useful.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,642 Views)