From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the DDE Palette and how can I change the icons in the user vi-libraries?

I am using a german version of LV6.02. I can't find the DDE vi's in the function palette, even though the dde.llb exists alongside the other communication vi-libraries (HiQ, ActiveX). I tried copying dde.llb into user.lib, but the icon doesn't appear (yes, I did restart LV).
The second part of my question: is it possible to edit the icon (symbol) and the name of a user vi-library? The menu EDIT>EDIT FUNCTION AND CONTROL PALETTES does not appear in the LV version I am using.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,278 Views)
In order to edit a palette in LabVIEW 6, click on the options button that is on the top row of either the Functions or Tools palette. You can use this to either edit the icon, name or add the DDE functions. I suspect that the DDE functions were removed from the palette because DDE is pretty much obsolete technology. Microsoft wants everyone to use ActiveX instead.
Message 2 of 2
(2,278 Views)