LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I get a list of the commands for the MSO 4104 USB port (*STB? for example)

I am trying to use the Tektronix MSO 4104 scope as part of an instrumentation setup.  I have installed the Labview drivers and everything works great except for one thing.  I am using the trigger mode.  The MSO4104.lvib: Wait for Operation Complete.vi only waits for the the scope to finish setting the parameters that I have sent to it.  The Wait for Operation Complete.vi sends the *STB? command and looks for bit 5 of the return message to see if the scope has finished setting up its parameters (the scope returns a decimal 96).  If the scope hasn't triggered and stored the waveform, I don't get usable data back.  What command do I send to see if the scope has been triggered and the waveform is ready for transfer to the Labview application?

Where do I find a listing for the commands and status messages for the scope?  I can see the use of *CLS, *OPC, *STB? and other commands, but where can I get a listing?  I am going to put in a query on the Tektronix site also.  If I had a listing of commands and status formats, I could get things done.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,659 Views)

I think that your best bet for finding that information is going to be the programming guide for your scope, so asking Tektronix will likely be more helpful than asking NI.  If the scope is programmable, it should have come with a guide listing all of the commands and queries.  Can you look on the Tektronix website for your scope and see if they have the programmer's guide available for download?  I think they often do.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,658 Views)
I finally found what I was looking for on the Tektronix web site (MSO4000 and DPO4000 Series Digital Phosphor Oscilloscopes Programmer Manual).  If you don't type just the right combination of words, you will never find it.  Unfortuntely it is a 623 page document.  Now I have to find what I want to do.  😞
Message 3 of 3
(2,645 Views)