From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find this VI 's C API?

Hello community, 

I'm new to LabView and wanted to ask question about finding C/C++ API for following VI

path : C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2019\instr.lib\_niInstr\Streaming\v1\Host\Public

In above path, there are a lot stream functionality including Stop stream, get/set Stream, Clear Stream, etc.

Can anyone tell where I can find those API source? if it is not provided by NI, how can I implement those system in C/C++?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,043 Views)

I think the better question to ask is "why do you need to know?"  A strange request like this usually means you are trying to do something but don't quite know how.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,001 Views)

Yeah, you've got my point exactly. I've been assigned to convert those in C/C++ that I do not know how.

Why should it be strange request? I don't understand. There could definitely be situation where you need C API to make program.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(994 Views)

Why were you asked to "convert those in C/C++"?  Whoever assigned that to you must have a reason.  Without a good reason, what you were asked to do sounds like a difficult and pointless exercise.

Interestingly, you call out a file folder in instr.lib that doesn't exist on my LabVIEW installation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(976 Views)

A quick googling makes it look like that directory is probably a FPGA library, so if you don't use it that's probably why.

I'm here to agree that what RavensFan is saying is correct.  Whatever you really need to do, what you're actually asking for isn't a thing.  You need to back up a few steps to give the overall goal so if you want us to point you towards something useful.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(970 Views)