LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find these blocks?

hi, everyone.

I want to know where I can find these blocks.

It is pointed with a blue arrow.

thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,159 Views)

At the beginning of this Forum, you'll find a section devoted to learning LabVIEW.  Start taking the Tutorials you find there, and you'll learn about some of the functions that ship with LabVIEW.  You could look for Functions that look similar, or you could ask your fellow students, or even your Professor, for help ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,142 Views)

Are you looking at pictures or are you looking at a diagram? On a diagram, just hover over the function with the context help open (ctrl+h).

If you are just looking at a picture, it seems rather pointless, but the one on the right is "index array" and the one on the left is an obsolete version of peak detector and you should be replacing it with the updated version.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,113 Views)

Not going to give you the fish (Bob's spot on).

A hint on how to catch fish: turn on the label of those objects (right click>visible items). Or turn on the LV help (ctrl+h) and hover over them.

EDIT: Of course if you got an image (as homework), this won't work...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,092 Views)

@wppome wrote:

These functions are of course in the function palette of the LabVIEW development system. It is significantly more important to know what they do than where to find them, but for that you need background and context unless you are e.g. playing some treasure-hunt game where "finding" is the only object.

Are you trying to understand a program or duplicate a program from a picture? What does the program do? Who wrote it? What are you trying to do with it? If you are familiar with LabVIEW and dataflow, just look at the big picture. Where is the input data coming from? where do the outputs go? What purpose could these function serve in the overall flow of things?

If you are not familiar with LabVIEW, and want to learn, follow the advice by others. You cannot understand how a car works by knowing where to "find" a lug nut. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,059 Views)

@wppome wrote:

Quick drop... Once you know the names...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,017 Views)