LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the "Shared Variable Properties" VI to be used in my program for configuring SV remotely?

I was using the "configure Alarms" and "configure Logging" VIs to design two user interfaces to make use of these VIs when I came across a problem.  In both VIs you can enable logging of alarms.  So which one is valid?  Which one has priority?  Then I looked at the "Shared Variable Properties" built into the project explorer.  Now I realize that I am spending all of this time redesigning this properties dialog (which also has two options of enabling logging of alarms (on the Alarms tab to the far right side as well as on the Logging tab).  So now my question is, how do I access this "Shared Variable Properties" dialog through my program (Note: this would be on a different machine than where the shared variables are set up.  The point is to configure shared variables remotely).

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,176 Views)

Is it possible?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,153 Views)

As you noted you can configure the logging and alarm parameters through the project and then deploy to your target or you can use the DSC toolkit vi's or you can use the sharedvariableio property directly.  You would have to create your own vi to offer a configuration utility that can manage this for you on remote targets.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,145 Views)

Here is a VI I re-created and posted for all.  I'm not sure why NI doesn't provide their VI to the developer.  The only thing I can't figure out is that when reading in the "Ack Type" into a variable, it generates an error.  It will work if you go into "project explorer" and right click on the library with the shared variable and "deploy" but eventually stops working.  I have tried using the "undeploy library" and "deploy library" to see if this would be a work around but had no success.

Just pipe the path of the shared variable into the vi.

Mattk

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,116 Views)