From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find detailed information on wiring my Switch Device?

I am using a PXI-4071 High Voltage FlexDMM with a PXI-2584 High Voltage Mux.  The topology is 12x1 1-wire.  Where can I find better information on how to wire this particular device.  I used an example from LV to develop the code, and I can hear the mux switches activating, but I get no readings back.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,300 Views)

Here is the manual...

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371667d.pdf

I'm guessing COM0 and COM1 are connected to the DMM?  So you would need to close CH0 to have the line connected to CH0 go to COM0 and have the CH6 switch closed to have that wire go to COM1.

Is that what you're looking for?

Good Luck! 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,288 Views)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but can't seem to get any voltage readings.  I know there is voltage at the Switch, but the DMM does not register the voltage.   I tried various example VI's with no luck.  I've attached a diagram showing my connections and the Scan List.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,259 Views)

Okay, I wasn't expecting to see it wired that way, however, based on the manual, the ref is connected to ref, so that could be the common ground for all the signals.  The scan list only has com0; as an output.  I would expect to see com1 as the output for ch6->ch11.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how the scanlist works.  Is there a way you could manually set the switches with MAX to test?  The default power on state is all open, so if you close only ch0, then you should see CH0 on the COM0.  Do you have a voltmeter to check voltage and/or continuity?

I would check continuity between DMM- and GND on the UUT.  Then, with the ch0 switch closed, I would check continuity between CH0 on the UUT and DMM+.

I believe the enclosed VI will set the switch to ch0 closed. (after you set the resource to what the resource is on the machine you are using)

Good Luck.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,249 Views)