LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find an up to date IMAQ manual?

I'm writing software to control a camera with high framerate (~100 fps) for scientific research. I've made some VI's that illustrate the basic principles using the IMAQ High Level VI's, but to save the data at high speed and trigger the acquisition properly, I know I'll have to use the IMAQ Low Level VI's.

I'm using the most recent IMAQ software release (I believe NI Vision from February 2015) and LabVIEW 2012 and I have been unable to find much documentation on the IMAQ Low Level VI's. The 2 sentence summaries in the IMAQ Reference Help aren't giving me much of an understanding of what they do and how to use them, and the most recent IMAQ manual I could find was from 2004 and it references outdated VI's that are not in the newer version.

Is there a more up to date manual or guide on the IMAQ Low Level VI's somewhere?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,766 Views)

An excellent question.  I just stole borrowed from a colleague's bookshelf "Image Processing with LabVIEW and IMAQ Vision", by Thomas Klinger, published by Prentice Hall in 2003(!).  The blurb on the back says "The definitive tutorial on desktop image processing with NI's IMAQ Vision".  It is still available ($80 from Amazon), and there does not seem to be a newer edition.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,722 Views)

Hey EBPhysics, are there specific VIs that you're looking for help with? Additionally, there are a ton of well-documented examples in the Example Finder that use the low-level IMAQ functions. You can find them under

Help>>Find Examples>>Hardware Input and Output>>Vision Acquisition>>NI-IMAQ>>Low Level

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,677 Views)

Hi Tanner!, I was wondering mostly how the triggering VI's worked. I did see the examples, and after playing around with those I think I have an ok handle on how to use most of the VI's. If I have further questions they will likely be VI or task specific so I'll ask that as a separate thread.

For future users viewing this question, I contacted NI support and one of their representatives pointed me to the IMAQ VI Reference Help. As of 6/8/15, there does not seem to be a newer comprehensive manual akin to the one I mentioned in my opening post (link below).

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371007a.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,660 Views)