LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my Vision .vi files?

I'm currently using LabView 8.0 along with Vision Assistant 7.0

I figured out the driver issue between them and I was then able to create a LabView .vi from Vision assistant.  From there, I was playing with the .vi so that I could perform the procedure on a list of images and simply save the processed images to my hard disk.  Sounds simple, but I found that I can't find my IMAQ vision .vi files (like IMAQ Write PNG File ofr example).  Strangely, if I cut and paste such a file from an old .vi (an old one I wrote in labView 6.0 a while back) it seems to accept it.  But I don't think this is a good solution.  Any suggestions?  Is there a chance that  the Vision Assistant does not come with the standard Vision .vi files?  If not, where am i supposed to get them from?

--bryan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,502 Views)
Hi,

To see where are your VIs on your hard drive, you can use the VI hierachy and set it to show full VI path.
I assume what you want is to find your IMAQ VIs in the function palette , so when you know the path of your IMAQ VIs, you can edit you palette set and add the IMAQ llb.

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 2 of 5
(2,496 Views)
Thanks for the help.  I was able to find the vision .vi file locations with the heirarchy. I now realize that the reason I couldn't find them within the program was that i was always looking in the control palette.  But I have a pretty good excuse.  If I select View in the menu, the functions palette is not selectable.  Is this normal?  Is there an easy way to activate it?

thanks,
Bryan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,482 Views)

HI bbl,

It is normal for you top not have the option of selecting the functions palette when you have the Front Panel as the active window.

This is because you can not put any of the function vi's on the front panel.  You will find that if you select the block diagram the same happens in reverse.  You can now select the functions palette but not the controlls palette.

AdamB

Applications Engineering Team Leader | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
Message 4 of 5
(2,468 Views)
Thanks a ton, guys!

My program is up and running now!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,460 Views)