LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my Toolkits

With the upgrade of 8.5 from 8.21 Developer Suite, I am missing quite a few toolkits that are in 8.21. It looks like it installs them but I only have
four categories and of those there aren't many Vi's if any in the four. How do I get them to register into 8.5. Also, is there a way to import the
preferences from a previous version. Just when i get the everything operating the way I like, Out pops a  new version and I have to hunt all over
options for resetting the program the way i want it to look and run. Thanks for any help. g
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,033 Views)
I believe that you have to reinstall toolkits to get them to register in 8.5.  As for preference, you have to set them manually in 8.5.  Maybe there is a way to copy lines from the Labview ini file, but I'm not sure if those are compatible across versions.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,011 Views)

Yes, I reinstalled and that's why I am having a problem, and that I was hoping someone else might have had simular.The same is happening

on two different machines, I reinstall everthing and I have tried several extra reinstalls of just VIAnalyzer, to no avail. Thats  why I am also

hoping there is a quick way to install (import) features that haven't been upgraded between one version and another (like all the toolkits).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,002 Views)
Two years ago at NI week, I had a discussion with several people in LV R&D, and have complaigned about this.  I was told it was being looking into, but pretty sure, right into the roundfile it went.  This has been an issue with each new release since i can remember (Been using it since 3.0).  As part of the installer, it should prompt you for what tools, and settings you wish to migrate (that would be the holy grail), or just use what it can.  As for as the tools, it would have to install from the current toolset CD in most cases, but it would be more thing that could be done to fire and forget during install.
Just keep it on the wish list, just like, recently, an upgrade tool for VIs.

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,004 Views)

This is interesting...

In this link, some people were mentioning that the VI Analyzer was missing from LV8.5, which is also part of the toolkit...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,985 Views)

Hi all,

Currently LabVIEW does not support installing toolkits for multiple versions. However, it is possible to do, but it does take some work. Please see this KnowledgeBase article with instructions on how to successfully upgrade your toolkits. Let me know if you have any issues with these steps (they should be the same for 8.5). Thanks!

Stephanie

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,952 Views)
There is still a problem with the State Diagram Editor. This tool is no longer available on the toolkits CD but installs automatically with LabVIEW. Because it is not listed in Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs >> National Instruments Software (translated from French WXP), it can't be uninstalled. This document should therefore be adapted for LV8.5.

The only solution to install the State Diagram Editor for LV8.5 was to get the specific installer from NI. I had to run it once to uninstall it for LV8.2.1 and then a second time to install it for LV8.5. Unfortunately, it is not possible to install it for several versions of LV like mentionned in above document.

This is very annoying and I would be very happy to hear that I'm missing something...
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,909 Views)
The Statechart Module was designed to replace the State Diagram Toolkit, which is why it is no longer on the Toolkits CD and must be purchased separately. The module has much greater functionality than the toolkit and was designed for LabVIEW 8.5. I hope this helps!
Message 8 of 9
(2,881 Views)
As a long time customer, I would have preferred that the State Diagram Editor had been continued in 8.5 while you offer a separately purchased StateChart Module for those who need all the extra functionality. I've made good use of State Diagram Editor and I'm happy with it. I upgraded to 8.5 to get the other benefits. Looks like I'll install State Diagram Editor under 8.5 since I'm not using 8.2.1 any longer.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,856 Views)