LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you change a value you have to press Enter to make this change

Solved!
Go to solution

I would probably use a feedback node here instead of a shift register. But even having to press enter does not prevent anyone from entering a bad value, so you definitely need an entry control as suggested and maybe additional sanity checks in code before the new value is handed over to the rest of the code.

If there are only a few possible power values, maybe you could use a ring containing all allowed values.

(I am curious about you case structure in the upper right. What's in the TRUE case?

whatsthat1.png

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(453 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I would probably use a feedback node here instead of a shift register. But even having to press enter does not prevent anyone from entering a bad value, so you definitely need an entry control as suggested and maybe additional sanity checks in code before the new value is handed over to the rest of the code.

If there are only a few possible power values, maybe you could use a ring containing all allowed values.

(I am curious about you case structure in the upper right. What's in the TRUE case?

whatsthat1.png

Well there is true constant. When reflected power is bigger than allowed it will stop program. Because when is activated boolean for RP limitation, it limits generator power. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(436 Views)

So you created a Rube Goldberg.

If True, output True.  If False, output False.

Eliminate the case structure and just use the wire!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(429 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

So you created a Rube Goldberg.

If True, output True.  If False, output False.

Eliminate the case structure and just use the wire!

Hmm, that’s looking very stupid from me. I didn’t realise that. I am learning by myself. So my best friends are Google and YouTube. 😄 

So I really appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(424 Views)