LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using the vi: "FLUKE 884X Series Read Single Measurement.vi" with a FLUKE 8846A it is reading an "overload" error message

Solved!
Go to solution

The vi: "FLUKE 884X Series Read Single Measurement.vi" can be downloaded from "http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=9431"

I want to use this driver to read out a 4-wire resistance which in deed is a PT100 resistor to measure the temperature.

When i click on the "run continuously" - button on the LabVIEW Front Panel, the program reads out the current resistance.

However after each readout there comes the "overload" - error message on the display of the 8846a multimeter.

Sometimes there can be also seen a small "error" - sign on the display and sometimes the 8846a beeps.

I already deactivated the "ID-Query" in the "Initialize.vi"

What can i do to prevent these error-messages ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,596 Views)

To prevent the error messages, you have to stop causing the error to occur.Smiley Wink

The display is indicating some problem with the actual measurement. You need to read the instrument manual to determine what will cause the error. You can also perform an error query of the instrument and get an error number back. It may be something as simple as setting the incorrect range.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,589 Views)

heinzmann wrote:

When i click on the "run continuously" - button on the LabVIEW Front Panel, the program reads out the current resistance.

What can I do to prevent these error-messages ?

No no no. The "run continuously"  button is for debugging only and should not be used to run the program at all. If you are polling your instrument to often it will be confused. Check your timing. I think your program poll your instrument at "full speed", perhaps it works because you open and close GPIB driver on every iteration, giving some delay between each readout.    

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,584 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author heinzmann

Thank you for your help.

Instead of using the "FLUKE 884X Series Read Single Measurement.vi" - vi, I am using the "Read (Single Point).vi" - vi, which is also included in the

downloadable file. Now there are no error messages any more.

Best regards, heinzmann.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,579 Views)