LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When transferring labview-file from version 7.0 to 8.0 I get errors: FP Write, subVI is missing, bad linkage to subVI and polymorphic subVi is broken

Hi,

I need to use a labview-file made by another user with his computer and different version of Labview (7.0). I have tried to be careful to copy all the files related to this specific file, but I quess I must have done something wrong. Namely, when I try to use this file with version 8.0 I get errors: Poly VI FP Write: subVI is missing, bad linkage to subVI and polymorphic subVi is broken.

I'v read the manuals but propably due to the fact that I'm a beginner using labview I didn't find any advise concerning my problem. Maybe there is someone who has had same kind of problem and could give me some advice?

regards Mandys
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,421 Views)
A few functions/ VI's that were in LabVIEW 7.0 have been renamed/Enhanced/Inmproved in higher versions.

So that particular function may have been modified and renamed.
Hence, you cannot find such functions/ VI's in higher versions

You may have to replace such an obsolete function with its current equivalent.

So, if possible, post your VI (and its subVI's too as an .llb) and we could suggest better
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,413 Views)
It sounds like the application is using FieldPoint API VIs (FP Write is a polymorphic FieldPoint VI).  You probably do not have FieldPoint support for LabVIEW 8.0 installed, but you do for LabVIEW 7.0, so in 7.0 the application finds the FP Write VI, but in 8.0 it does not.  I would try re-installing the FieldPoint driver to get your 8.0 support - assuming "FP Write.vi" in the application is the same "FP Write.vi" that is the FieldPoint Write API VI.

Hope this helps.

-Tommy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,406 Views)
    Thank you both. I suppose my problems (with LabView) could be due to the modification of FP Write-function. I'm quite sure that I've installed the Field Point driver  and 8.0 version of LabView is the only one that I've ever had in my computer.

I'm a bit timid what it comes to sending my VI here, so I suppose I'll just have to read the manuals once again and try to find out what function could be replacing FP Write-function.

Thanks again, Mandys
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,394 Views)
    Hi again,

I had to write here once more and thank you Tommy. The problem was after all the one you suggested. For some reason I had installed FielPoint 4.1 to my computer (doesn't support LabView 8.0). When I checked this and installed FieldPoint 5.0 everything worked 🙂 Thank you!!

Mandys
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,375 Views)