LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When saving data to a file how do you save them in intervals?

I have an SCXI 1102 and I am reading thermocouples. I am saving them to a file. How do I set up an data collection interval for the file and keep it separate from the data collection interval for the real time data on the front panel.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,394 Views)
If you don't want to save all samples to file, in your DAQ-application build a timed loop. If the time-interval is reached, a boolean gets true and the latest samples are converted to string and written (added to) a file. It's just a little extra code.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,394 Views)
PdB
here is what I have I cannot seem to get a timed loop to work. Could you look at this and tell me whats wrong. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,394 Views)
The simplest method to achieve timed loop can be found at:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/E83351E12CD2D50886256B66006E4D15?opendocument

However, you can achieve your objective without even using timed-loop unless this is critical. I'll post a vi to show you another way to get it done.

I want to suggest you make the following changes to your vi: move write/lose file vi outside the loop and your data sampling vi should be inside the loop (again, this can be done in several ways).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,394 Views)
I modified your vi to let you do data collection at any interval you want. The attached two files include the changes, Test vi is the one I used to test the vi functionality. The other method that I mentioned in earlier post is for continuous data acquisition, I'm not sure that will be of any help. Note some other changes made to your original vi.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,394 Views)