LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When calling subpanels in an exe, some run correctly and some do not run at all.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using LabVIEW 2009 and am displaying various VIs in a Subpanel (one at a time) in an executable.  Some VIs load correctly and run, while others do not run at all.  The VI Properties of all the called VIs are the same.  When I run in the development system, the code runs correctly.  I do not get any errors when calling the VIs - all VIs display their Front Panels as they should, but only a few actually run, while the others do nothing.  Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,324 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmburns

Are you running the VI separately, or are you using the Run VI method?

If you're using the Run VI method, check its error output and see if you get an error.

If you're running it separately, make sure that area of the code is actually executing (according to your description, it sounds like in LV it is).

If all VIs are supposed to be in the app, I would suggest having static references to them and having a property node to one of the controls in each VI you want to show in the subpanel, which will ensure LV will not remove its FP when building the EXE. It sounds like this is already your case, since you say you see the FPs.

If the VIs are not in the app (i.e. you're running VIs saved independently), you would need to ensure they have all the dependencies they need, because it's possible they're missing vi.lib VIs or your own VIs which were not built into the app (since there was no static reference to them). The easiest thing is to build a distribution for each of them while giving it a namespace. You can do this using the OpenG builder, although I never had a need to. The main problem with this is that it will explode the code size, since every VI will need a copy of the shared stuff.

Thanks tst, I was missing some dependencies in my "always include" bundle.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,281 Views)