From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I try to change the query and parse type from number to string, LabView crashes.

When I try to change the query and parse value from number to string, LabView crashes.

I am using COM3 and trying to communicate with an EOI blackbody. This is while under the query and parse section. Also, if I try to to change the character count, or the scaling, it also crashes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,098 Views)

It sounds like you are using the Instrument I/O assistant?

Try replacing that with the regular VISA functions.

You can also convert the I/O assistant into a subVI but right clicking on it and saying Open Front Panel.  (note this is a one way street, you can't undo the process once it is lost out of the undo history.)  Then you can see the real code that is operating and debug that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,089 Views)

Is it possible that LabVIEW isn't crashing but waiting for a number of bytes at the serial port and it isn't receiving any?

If not, could you post some code to look at and give the LV version and spec sheets(a link or model number will do) to the device you are communicating with?

Thanks,
Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,087 Views)