LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I save my data to a spreadsheet txt file I lose some data why is this?

I lose about 3 hours worth of data everyday but it is at different times of the day. I am saving my data to a spreadsheet txt file in excell about every 15 minutes. Why is my data disappearing?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,420 Views)
There could be several different reasons. Maybe some data is being lost when the file is updated. Give us some more specific information and/or part of your code and we can give you a better answer.
>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,420 Views)
Here is my code hope you can find an answer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,420 Views)
Joey, you have alot in your block diagram.

Are you losing time on your computer or is it data? Is the data missing in one piece or is it missing data in several pieces?

I have the following suggestions. Your code would benefit with subVIs. Also, instead of discarding readings that happen before your time specification, you can use a wait until next ms so that your program will sit idle until it is time to take a reading. You can also set indexes on you array functions and supply a format string on the format into file function to ensure that the proper values are outputed. If problems still exist, strip down your code to one data channel to simplify your file i/o. Run the stripped down code to see if it looses data.

Jeremy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,420 Views)
Good suggestions. How fast is your data changing? Are you discarding data that you may need? It looks like you are pushing a lot of data into the file, you may want run the acquire data function and the save data functions in separate loops and use notifiers or, use object-oriented programming to get rid of some of the dependancy.
>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,420 Views)