LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I open my old project, many VIs are missing due to the new version of Labview

Hello to all,

I am trying to run my old, functioning Labview project in LabVIEW 2012 (new version compared with the one used to build the project), which involved the PFGA.

When I open the Realtime ( just one VI), may sub-VIs and ctl, llb cannot be found. If I search each of them, they are still in the labview just in a different position as the new version of labview. 

Even, I manually locate them, and save the changes, the project still cannot find them when I open it at  the second time. Is there a simple solution for it? I don't want to update the code, as most of them is not made by me, so too much risk to do that. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(2,778 Views)

Did you also install all required modules and drivers when you installed LabVIEW 2012?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(2,763 Views)

I have all the modules installed, and all the sub-VIs are in the computer, but they are all at other location, due to the new version LabVIEW has a new file structure. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(2,737 Views)

That doesn't sound right.

Are you sure you installed the modules AFTER you installed the new version of LabVIEW and that the ones you installed were the ones that came with the new version of LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(2,728 Views)
What 'new' file structure are you talking about? The vi.lib and user.lib are in the same place as they've been in as long as I can remember.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(2,724 Views)

yes, all the necessary VIs are in the computer, just at a different location which is not expected. 

For example, I used ex_FindNextAvilFile.vi,  for my project, it expected this vi in National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\Targets\vi.lib\express\express output........ But the real location of this vi is in National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\express\express output....

see the file structure is different. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(2,721 Views)

For example, I used ex_FindNextAvilFile.vi,  for my project, it expected this vi in National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\Targets\vi.lib\express\express output........ But the real location of this vi is in National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\express\express output....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(2,718 Views)

I have LV 7.1, 8.0 and 8.6 installed on XP, 2012 and 2013 installed on Win7 and all of them have vi.lib directly under the LabVIEW x.y folder.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(2,713 Views)

@NI_sp wrote:

It shouldn't be.  Any chance you moved something?  Or your original LabVIEW installation was messed up?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(2,690 Views)

I am not sure about the original one. it was not made originally by me.

how to modify it?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(2,684 Views)