From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What / where is StattStrgToArray.vi? (unknown VI throwing generic error -1)

When I start my project in LabVIEW2017, I get this error message:

statt.png

The problem is: This is not a file of my project. It is nowhere on disk, neither in my project directory, nor in any Laview directory.

I also used this code to find VIs inside of libraries. This code finds for example Beep.vi in system.llb, but no file containing 'Strg' :

FindVi.png

I guess, this VI is a private VI in a library, so it isn't even displayed anywhere.  My project is quite large, finding out where this error occurs is quite hard. I'll try to find out, but maybe someone has an idea.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,240 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

the name of the offending VI suggests it is hidden somewhere in your project folders - apparently it is NOT from vi.lib…

NI usually doesn't use German words in VI names (like "Statt").

@Sebastian.Weber wrote:

When I start my project in LabVIEW2017, I get this error message:

The problem is: This is not a file of my project. It is nowhere on disk, neither in my project directory, nor in any Laview directory.

Open your project.

Then expand the dependencies folder, sort by name, then look for this "Statt…" VI!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,221 Views)

Thanks.

If the file is in my project, I would have found it. And german, just because of "Statt"... Not really.

However, I found it. Someone generated his own error with code -1, and just a phantasy VI name as source... 👺

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,202 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

so where did you find that VI?

And was it listed under Dependencies in your project?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,200 Views)

Hi!

The point is, there does not exist a VI with that name at all.

I have an other VI in our code, which processes some data, and in case of a problem, sends out the constant error cluster {status=true; code=-1; source="StattStrgToArray.vi"}. The error wasn't passed downstream, and so, the message pops up. It looks as if it came from a "StattStrgToArray.vi", though it came from a VI with different name.

So, finally, there is no question here, anymore.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,170 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

you should be able to find that VI also by using the search tool (ctrl-f) to search for the error text...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,140 Views)