From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What triggered the webserver to start?

With my PC which has labview installed, it worked line by line. After I created a run time one and installed it on the other PC, the first time when I clicked the icon to run it, it popped out message:

The Webserver can not start. Is the Web server port already in use? ....

The specified network address is currently in use.

I could not see if any place I could create it to use webserver. I do call excel during my application - I dealed a lot of exccel applicaiton before, never had this issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

OpOttawa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,345 Views)

OpOttawa,

Which version of LabVIEW are you using? LabVIEW web server runs on port 80 on default. You can change it by Tools>Options>Web Server: Configuration. Make sure that the "Enable Web Server" box is checked and try changing the port number to see if that would resolve your issue.

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,318 Views)

When a LabVIEW application is built it clones some of the settings of the LabVIEW dev environment that it is built in. One of those settings is the web server configuration. If the web server is turned on in LV when the application is built then when the application starts it will try and start its own web server on the same port as LabVIEW's and you will get the error that you see.

If you don't need the web server in your built app you can either:

1) Turn off the web server in LV before you build your application.

2) Modify the applications ini file and change the token: 'Webserver.enabled=true' to false.

If you do want the build app to start the web server then use Andy's advice above to change the port so that it doesn't conflict.

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,309 Views)