LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What software should I buy from NI to support my current exe program

I wrote an exe program connected to PLC with LabVIEW, and now I want to use it on other computers. What software do I need to buy from NI to support this program so that the cost is minimal?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,652 Views)

Hi zdz,

@zdz wrote:
I wrote an exe program connected to PLC with LabVIEW, and now I want to use it on other computers. What software do I need to buy from NI to support this program so that the cost is minimal?

When you created an executable then you should have the AppBuilder available.

Just create an installer from your executable - using the AppBuilder!

The installer will contain all needed software (aka runtime environment compononts) to run your executable on that other computer…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,620 Views)

If I create an installer, I install it on another new computer. Because the function of DSC is used, so do I need to buy a DSC runtime module for a new computer?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,609 Views)

If I create an installer, I install it on another new computer. Because the function of DSC is used, so do I need to buy a DSC runtime module for a new computer?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,620 Views)

Hi zdz,

you should have mentioned DSC right in the beginning!

AFAIK DSC requires deployment licenses - but better call your local NI sales rep for more detailed information!

(Please stick with "one thread per topic". No need to start more discussions in parallel threads…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,596 Views)

Thank you for your answer!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,577 Views)

I want to purchase DSC Runtime system, but I don't understand the difference between "Deployment" and "Debug / Deploy" in the ordering interface? And why is the latter cheaper?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,557 Views)

Hi zdz,

what's wrong with the suggestion from message #5?

What did your local NI sales rep tell you about your questions?

And why did you start one more thread instead of sticking with "one thread per topic"?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,517 Views)

Sorry, I thought this was a new question, so I reposted it. I will pay attention

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,503 Views)