From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with this picture (unbundle display glitch)?

Let me state first that I actually like the look of what I am going to show you, and I am tempted to suggest it as an actual feature...

In any case, here it is:

ScreenHunter_003.jpg

This is an unbundle node in an actual diagram. All items are connected. I was simply hovering over them to better read the name of the objects (white on a darker background is easier on my eyes than a pale orange on a white background) and as I was doing so, I noticed that if I lingered long enough and at the right location on an item, it would remain highlighted when I moved to the next one. This is how I generated the situation above (it took me some time to get it right, but that is not too difficult).

Note that I am not activating the wiring tool (BTW, I have autotool off), I am just hovering with it over the unbundle node.

All my drivers are up to date (including video drivers). Tested in LV 2011, Windows XP.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,228 Views)

My first thought was "Oh!  How do I make mine look like that?"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,218 Views)

Right, exactly! The "problem" is that is goes away if you stray too far away from the unbundle node (or switch to another tool - remember, I have autotool off).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,214 Views)

This is probably the same display issue which was discussed here - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Property-node-inverted-color/m-p/871556#M394578

As long as it's not doing anything bad, it doesn't really bother me.

That said, I don't remember seeing it in a long time, so it's possible that this stopped happening for me in LV 2009 (unlikely) or that it was an issue with the video driver on my previous laptop.

Similar thing with SubVIs. If you hover the mouse over the terminals several terminals might become highlighted. Just like tst, I don't really care. It's been like this for several LV versions.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,188 Views)

I have also occasionally seen this. I have seen other display glitches as well from time to time, but they have always been glitches and seem to go away on their own, or by scrolling off to another area, or by opening/closing the block diagram and/or VI. I have never been able to get a consistent sequence of operations to replicate them though.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,170 Views)

@tst: I am sure I had seen this in the past, but I found the feature amusing enough to be pushed to the extreme. Now, as Intaris was saying in the thread you are referring to, my point is that ANY little bug/feature might be due to some code that may have other negative influence elsewhere. Hence my detailed reporting. I saw that there was a CAR 169730, but I can't figure out what happened to it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,149 Views)

This was reported to R&D (CAR# 169730), but the decision has been made not to change the product yet; this issue is still under consideration. I've added a link to this forum to the report.

Message 8 of 8
(2,139 Views)