LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the meaning of this error code: -1073807195

I'd tried to connect my tektronix tds210 to my computer via gpib and get the error code: -1073807195.
What's wrong?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,272 Views)
If you right click on the error code, the first selection is Explain Error. The explanation for this error is "VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF00A5) The interface type is valid, but the specified interface number is not configured." I can only guess but did you configure the gpib board after installation? Have you been able to communicate with the instrument in MAX? Is it an NI gpib board?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,268 Views)
Hi,

That error is a VISA error which usually means you are incorrectly addressing the VISA resource. If you open up the VISA Interactive control (NIvisaic.exe) in the VXIpnp directory of the machine that is directly communicating with your instrument, you should be able to see how to correctly address the instrument with VISA and test the communication a little. Make sure you are not opening multiple references to the same device by using the older VISA Open inside a loop.

I found knowledge base (KB) entries that talks about your question. If you go to ni.com >> Support >> search (option 3) select Knowledge base from the dropdown list >> and type the following "old visa open" in the search box, you will get them.
AE KB 21DCA12L : How Do I Use the LabVIEW 5
.x "VISA Open" Function in LabVIEW 6.0?
AE KB 2CLJ1G8V : VISA Open and Close no longer necessary in LabVIEW 6i.

We encourage users not to use the "old Visa open", it is also recommended that users not use the old and current VISA functions together. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Feroz
Message 3 of 10
(8,269 Views)
Hi,
I get the same error, but don't understand the workaround you propose on it.
My information is:
- I changed lately the PCI-GPIB card and have verified its installation.
- My System information is attached (Visa 3.1, MAX 3.10...)
- I am working with the Agilent DC power supply 6612C and have downloaded its driver from the NIdn.
- MAX is communicating with the device and recognize it at the GPIB0 folder  but there is a "Miscalleneous VISA Resource" with the same Address. How do I delete it?

What is my problem in here?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,168 Views)
Typically, you can delete resources by selecting it, right-click (mouse) and selecting "delete (red "X" icon).

The drivers for the original card may still be installed which may fool MAX into believing that there is another card with the same address.  If that is so, then go into the control panel and remove the hardware element.

Let us know what you discovered. (or fixed)..

JLV
Message 5 of 10
(8,148 Views)
Hi,
I tried to delete it but it was not highlighted (disabled).
I just removed Visa 3.1 and reinstalled it. Furthermore I noticed that in the instrument handler the address was in brackets ("), I removed them. That fixed the problem
Thanks
Message 6 of 10
(8,138 Views)
Thanks for sharing your solution, Yariv.

😄
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,125 Views)
Hello,
I have the same problem with this error. I use counter HP 53131A to continuous count frequency to the laptop. I use USB/GPIB Interface 82357A from Agilent. Driver is OK, in Visa Assistant i could count frequency without problem. But when I try your simply example code for GPIB (in attachment), Labwindows show me this error 😞 I have Labwindows 8.0, NI-VISA 4.0, NI-VISA 4.0 Runtime and NI488.222 installed.
Please help me, I don't know, what can I do, I don't want to be kicked from the school 😞      Thank you, Martin.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,694 Views)
The first thing you should do is post this question in some forum other than LabVIEW. There is a LabWindows/CVI and an instrument control forum. You would get a response in either is my guess.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,674 Views)

I get this error when I'm using a GPIB-USB-HS and I forget to plug the USB cable into a port on the PC - the interface is a valid one, but it is offline... Plugging in the USB cable makes the error go away. FYI...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,217 Views)