LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the 'best' way to copy a usable project to new one so it can be modified without affecting the original?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am wondering how shared variable libraries get copied when using any of these methods for copying a project. When looking at the distributed system manager, it seems there is significant cross talk between different versions of the project due to libraries and variables having the same names, despite being different libraries in different directories...

Is there a way to undeploy all shared variables at once? seems the only way I can clean out the shared variable engine is to open each project with deployed variables and hit undeploy. This can take a while after having many projects opened and running..

thanks for any advice

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(1,133 Views)

I have been struggling it a lot with it and as the project gets larger it is more painful to resolve conflicts. Following solution worked for me.

1. Open Project, and in Project Explorer got to "File -> Save As.."

2. Select "Duplicate .lvproj file and contents" and select "Include all dependencies", and hit Continue.

3. Then it will open a file explorer, then navigate to your desired folder and hit Ok.

4. Now, go to new location and open the project and VIs and everything should open fine. 

I am writing it incase someone revisits it looking for a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(443 Views)