From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What resistance does the Convert Thermocouple VI use for thermistor CJC?

Solved!
Go to solution
What resistance does the Convert Thermocouple VI use for thermistor CJC?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,781 Views)
Presumably you are referring to when you have CJC Sensor = thermistor. In this case a subVI is used. If you are referring to the resistance for the thermistor, it's 5KOhms. You can find this out by viewing the block diagram of the "Convert Thermocouple Reading" VI and then opening the "Convert Thermistor Reading" VI. All of the information is on the front panel.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,767 Views)
Sorry for any confusion, as I do want to use a thermistor as cjc source on the convert thermocouple vi. I may be reading into what you are saying, but are you suggesting I need to use  the convert thermistor vi in conjuction with the previous one?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,761 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vilh0005

No, I'm not suggesting that. I was just trying to interpret what you were saying. Smiley Wink

You indicated you were using the Convert Thermocouple VI. That VI has a "CJC Sensor" input, and it can a value of "IC Sensor" or "Thermistor". Thus, I assumed you were talking about using that VI with "CJC Sensor" = "Thermistor". In this case the VI calls the Convert Thermistor Reading VI to convert the voltage to a temperature. It uses default values for resistors, and I assumed that's what you were asking about. If you open the front panel of Convert Thermistor Reading you can see what resistance values it uses.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,757 Views)
Thats what I thought. I guess I wasn't viewing the vi hierarchy properly to see that is actually using convert thermister vi. Thanks!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,752 Views)