cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What module requires to control Lynxmotion AL5A Arm robotic using LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Joshua,

I would be grateful if you could please upload the code for reference purposes.

Regards,

Darshan

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,837 Views)

I really need help with this.

I am using an AL5A Robotic Arm. I need to use either Matlab/Labview to program the robotic arm.

My aim is to move the robot and tell the robot to pick up something and drop it off at a designated position. How do I carry out the inverse kinematics? What software should be the easiest? How do I break in the robot to make the robot use that software and where can I find codes or helping materials for that?

Please please please, I need all you guys' help.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,801 Views)

I really need help with this.

I am using an AL5A Robotic Arm. I need to use either Matlab/Labview to program the robotic arm.

My aim is to move the robot and tell the robot to pick up something and drop it off at a designated position. How do I carry out the inverse kinematics? What software should be the easiest? How do I break in the robot to make the robot use that software and where can I find codes or helping materials for that?

Please please please, I need all you guys' help.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,798 Views)

Dear Joshua,

i'm currently writing my Bachelor's thesis in the field of automatization. What I aim at is the development of an embedded system using a NI-1744, a CompactRio and a compatible robotic arm.

At the moment I have to decide which kind of robotic arm fits best with Labview and the mentioned hardware. (Lynxmotion AL5D or CrustCrawler AX-12+)

I would be glad if you could mail me further information on your working demo. (maybe a code snippet or your AL5D hardware configuration)

Kind regards,

Nico Scheiffert

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,733 Views)

Hi Nico,

I don't think there would be any issue with compatibility especially if you would work down to a servo-level control. I had taken a look at the AX-12's specifications and CompactRIO shouldn't have a difficult time controlling that.

Basically, the demo's composed of an integrated RC Vehicle, Robotic Arm and IP Camera set that mimics the capability of a remote-controlled rover system.

The demo was basically controlling the servo-motors directly through the NI9474. The code for this should be relatively easy since all one needs to do is scale a PWM pulse to represent a specific servo angle. The challenge actually lies more on the Inverse Kinematic algorithm part, but the CompactRIO should be able to handle this with ease.

Best Regards,

Joshua de la Llana

Applications Engineer

NI ASEAN

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,680 Views)

Hi Joshua,

thanks for swift reply. Of course, you're right.

I decided using the AX-12 as it fits our general conditions best.

Implementing a working IK algorithm is tricky if doing so for the first time

but also interesting since there exist different approaches solving it.

Kind regards,

Nico Scheiffert

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,657 Views)