From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of PCI Device is the NI-PCI 6519 card?

Hi:
I need to know what kind of PCI device is the NI-PCI 6519, according to the definition that appear on the link: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/bus/PCI/pcibridge.mspx, under the title "Types of PCI Devices and PCI-to-PCI Bridges".
Is the NI-PCI 6519:
1.- a PCI-to-PCI docking bridge type?
2.- a reset-resistant SID PCI device type?
3.- a reset-loading SID PCI device type?
4.- a non-reset resistant SID PCI device type? or
5.- a multifunction PCI device type?

I need to know this because I have a problem with the PCI-to-PCI Bridge of my motherboard on the Power Management issue and it affects directly the PCI bus configuration of my system.

If someone knows the answer or knows somebody who knows the answer I'll appreciate very much his/her help; or maybe he/she could send me the contact to somebody.
Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,335 Views)
Ignacio,

The PCI-6519 is fully compliant to the PCI-2.2 specification which means that it requires the 3.3 V rail from the PCI bus.  The 6519 must be installed into a slot that provides 3.3 V. Check that the 3.3 V LED located on the top right of the 6519 device is lit. If not, check that the PC motherboard provides 3.3 V to the PCI bus. I also believe that it should be a reset-resistant or reset-loading device, but if you feel that the board is not working correctly with your pci-to-pci bridge, I would recommend that you contact NI support directly.

Regards,
Erin Bray
NI Mexico
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,319 Views)