LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this mystery function?

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to put one of these into a program I am writing but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is called (or where it is located in the panel).

I drew it from memory in MS Paint and how it is wired, though I cannot remember if it sends a boolean true/false or if it sends the value.

It stores a value in memory from the control it is wired to.  If the value doesn't change, it doesn't do anything (or sends a false constant).  If the value does change, it sends the new value (or a true constant).

On second thought I am pretty sure it sends boolean values, though I don't see it in the boolean tab.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,397 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LarsUlrich

If you're refering to the "arrow" it could be a feedback node..functions>programming>structures

Message 2 of 6
(3,384 Views)

haha I think that is it

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,370 Views)

So my memory wasn't quite right as to what it looked like, but that was it!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,365 Views)

Yeah, and it does not output a Boolean either...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,308 Views)

@LarsUlrich wrote:

If the value doesn't change, it doesn't do anything (or sends a false constant).  If the value does change, it sends the new value (or a true constant).

A feedback node does not do that alone. You need additional code, for example a "not equal". (there is also an openg tool)

Here's simple demo. (The LED will light up for one iteration whenever the numeric changes its value.)

Message 6 of 6
(3,267 Views)