From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this mystery function?

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to put one of these into a program I am writing but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is called (or where it is located in the panel).

I drew it from memory in MS Paint and how it is wired, though I cannot remember if it sends a boolean true/false or if it sends the value.

It stores a value in memory from the control it is wired to.  If the value doesn't change, it doesn't do anything (or sends a false constant).  If the value does change, it sends the new value (or a true constant).

On second thought I am pretty sure it sends boolean values, though I don't see it in the boolean tab.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,392 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LarsUlrich

If you're refering to the "arrow" it could be a feedback node..functions>programming>structures

Message 2 of 6
(3,379 Views)

haha I think that is it

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,365 Views)

So my memory wasn't quite right as to what it looked like, but that was it!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,360 Views)

Yeah, and it does not output a Boolean either...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,303 Views)

@LarsUlrich wrote:

If the value doesn't change, it doesn't do anything (or sends a false constant).  If the value does change, it sends the new value (or a true constant).

A feedback node does not do that alone. You need additional code, for example a "not equal". (there is also an openg tool)

Here's simple demo. (The LED will light up for one iteration whenever the numeric changes its value.)

Message 6 of 6
(3,262 Views)