LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this data type and how to write it to TDMS File?

I can't help you with the DAQmx or Diadem, and only little with TDMS.

But the time of a sampled channel is usually easily deducted: sample*dT + T0. So either calculate this for each sample and store it, or somehow do this at when reading. TDMS should store T0 and dT in the channel properties. I'd be surprised if Diadem simply ignored those properties.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(303 Views)

Yes! I believe the stored waveform type data from niHSDIO Fetch.vi should contain the time component of it. My DAQmx data is also stored as waveform type. I'm not sure why DIAdem is not recognizing it. I thought it was an issue with niHSDIO Fetch.vi not outputing the correct output. 

Do we need to use the forloop to index thru all the data when saving multiple channel data?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(293 Views)

This is a little bit of a shot in the dark because I tend to avoid the use of the Digital Waveform datatype except when sending it to a Digital Waveform Graph or Chart.  I can't remember any more what turned me off from them in the early days.

Anyway, I know the Digital Waveform function subpalette has functions for compressing and uncompressing a waveform.  I have a nagging thought that TDMS may require *uncompressed* waveforms while your HS-DIO device may default to returning *compressed* waveforms.

There are also other conversion functions that could get you to either bit-mapped integers (port format) or boolean arrays.   The downside here is that you'd need to use a more manual method to store your timing information to TDMS.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 13 of 14
(290 Views)

@victor55 wrote:

Yes! I believe the stored waveform type data from niHSDIO Fetch.vi should contain the time component of it. My DAQmx data is also stored as waveform type. I'm not sure why DIAdem is not recognizing it. I thought it was an issue with niHSDIO Fetch.vi not outputing the correct output. 

Do we need to use the forloop to index thru all the data when saving multiple channel data?

If that array is an array of channels, the TDMS write might need the Channel name(s) to be wired. If not, it might concatenate all channels to the same channel.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(285 Views)