From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this block?

Solved!
Go to solution

unknwon block.jpgWhat is that tube like symbol to the right of build array?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,661 Views)

Convert To Dynamic Data.

Unfortunately, since its an express VI, its internal settings are hidden and we can't tell what they are just from the picture (eg: if columns are channels or rows are channels).

Message 2 of 6
(2,621 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MyLord

My recommendation is to never use this function, never use the Dynamic Data Wire (which is what it creates), and learn DAQmx and stop using the Dreaded DAQ Assistant (the Express VI into which you wired the Dynamic Data Wire).  Learn DAQmx (numerous Tutorials, Examples, White Papers such as "Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of your Data Acquisition Applications).  Your LabVIEW code will be much simpler (you'll probably use 3-4 DAQmx functions), easy to debug, easy to understand, easy to modify.

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 6
(2,584 Views)

On top of what Bob said IMHO: Express VI's were made solely for those LabVIEW seminars sales pitches so they can show managers and other "decision makers" how easy you can just throw something together in LabVIEW.

But they are useless for any "real" application. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 4 of 6
(2,532 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

My recommendation is to never use this function, never use the Dynamic Data Wire (which is what it creates), and learn DAQmx and stop using the Dreaded DAQ Assistant (the Express VI into which you wired the Dynamic Data Wire).  Learn DAQmx (numerous Tutorials, Examples, White Papers such as "Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of your Data Acquisition Applications).  Your LabVIEW code will be much simpler (you'll probably use 3-4 DAQmx functions), easy to debug, easy to understand, easy to modify.

Bob Schor

My work isn't so complicated yet that it requires DAQmx. That is a lot of things I need to learn to use DAQmx. I don't want to worry those things for now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,505 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

On top of what Bob said IMHO: Express VI's were made solely for those LabVIEW seminars sales pitches so they can show managers and other "decision makers" how easy you can just throw something together in LabVIEW.

But they are useless for any "real" application. 

occasionally, I use

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/glang/file_dialog/

and for prototyping

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvexpress/signal_filter/

like this:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Bad-points-at-beginning-and-end-of-filtered-data/m-p/769500#M352405

Message 6 of 6
(2,212 Views)