From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this Queue, How/where is it defined?

I am new...trying to understand, debug and enhance a rather complex LV Application.

Am puzzled by the item show in the attached pdf of a vi segment. It looks like these are queues. But I am puzzled by the folded down "flag" at the top. And I cannot find where on the pallet to either define or do a search for this item. Can someone point me in the right direction....perhaps even to a LV example. Thanks.

(And hope this now is the right place to post)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,911 Views)

I'm not sure what you are referring to as the "folded down flag at the top". The top of what? Are you referring to the little "ear" at the top-right corner of the green rectangle? What you have is a queue constant on the block diagram. As to why it's there, I can't tell you without seeing the rest of the code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,892 Views)

yes, I am referring to the small folded down part at the top of the rectangle. This queue constant (thanks for telling me what it is) is used to source a value into a case structure. Where the queue constant is set/populated I do not know (but am trying to trace). It is present in the top level vi. I think it gets altered from another separate group of vi's. I will now search further to see if this is what is happening.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,884 Views)

If I had to guess I'd suspect the original code probably just right-clicked on the queue indicator that may have been connected to the Obtain Queue function and selected Create -> Constant, and got themselves a queue constant of the desired data type. Although it appears that you may have modified the queue's element datatype, and now the constant now longer matches.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,871 Views)