LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the name of this function?

Good afternoon,

I came across a post describing how to read a file line by line with a single function, but there were no attached VIs and I could not find this function anywhere in labview

Source: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-read-from-a-file-line-by-line/td-p/479838

Can someone please tell me what the name of the function in the center is?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,763 Views)

Inside of Read from SpreadSheetFile Function.

ReadLinesFromFile.vi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,755 Views)

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,745 Views)

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\Utility\file.llb\Read Lines From File.vi

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,718 Views)

There is no need for this function; the Read from Text File function provides the same functionality. Right-click it to change from reading characters to reading lines.

Message 5 of 7
(2,699 Views)

@kennethone wrote:

Good afternoon,

I came across a post describing how to read a file line by line with a single function, but there were no attached VIs and I could not find this function anywhere in labview

Source: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-read-from-a-file-line-by-line/td-p/479838

Can someone please tell me what the name of the function in the center is?

Thank you

That function is how we did it before LabVIEW 8.  NI did a massive upgrade to the File IO functions with the release of LabVIEW 8.0.  So you can now just use the Read From Text File function, right-click on it and check the Read Lines.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,665 Views)

Too bad there isn't also a good replacement for:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\Utility\file.llb\Write Characters to File.vi

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,608 Views)