LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Licensing and Software Scheme for SIT and Real-Time?

Sorry if this information is readily available elsewhere, I couldn't clearly find it in any other manuals/product overviews...

I am building a setup involving running a compiled Simulink .dll on a PXI-8110 chassis (currently with Windows installed) with a RT deployment license and interfacing to it with a host PC running Labview.  This is all new to me, so I am wondering what exactly the end result of this system looks like.  Right now I am under the impression that this PXI will be formatted for RT and all the necessary Labview licenses/packages (8.6, FPGA, SIT, Real-Time) will only be installed on the host and the host will locate the RT target (PXI) and load the necessary software packages/.dll to the target.  Does there have to be an individual license for all these components for each machine or only the host?  Or am I completely mistaken in the setup?

Could someone set me straight?  I also have seen that you can buy the same version of this PXI only its says RT next to it but have heard that you can convert a windows PC to RT with this RT deployment license.  I have ALSO heard that the machines can boot with the RTOS or Windows by configuring the BIOS from, so if they all come with this dual capability, what is the point of offering two types of machines and then this RT deployment license?

This is starting to ramble... if anyone could clear up any of these things jumbling around in my head I would appreciate it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,377 Views)

Hello dgubb85

You are (mostly right). Let me check first that I understand your setup correctly: you currently have a PXI-8110 running windows and want to run your simulink models on it with LabVIEW RT. Am I right?

If you, what you will need is

LabVIEW: Core Development License

LabVIEW Real Time Module: Ability to program real time targets

LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit: Ability to compile your models (other products from The Mathworks needed)

LabVIEW FPGA module: If you have a FPGA card in your PXI system

LabVIEW Real Time deployment License: To "convert" your PXI windows-based system into a Real Time based. 

Using your PXI system on Windows or RT is a matter of what OS you boot it from. With the RT deployment license you can have the PXI boot RT-only or Windows/RT.

Once you have all the software installed on your host machine, you will use the Measurement and Automation Explorer to install the needed software into your RT PXI

I hope I shed some light on your questions

Javier

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,366 Views)