LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ring constant style?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm trying to programmatically create ring constant but I can't find its style...
Any idea what is the style for ring constant?

ring.png

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,389 Views)

The help for the New VI Object Function is pretty straightforward about what it is.  I'm not sure I can explain it any better.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,381 Views)

OH!  I think you are asking what you should select for "Ring Constant".  Sorry about that!  Sometimes I can be such a doofus.

I'm not sure what you should select.

SORRY!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,369 Views)

I would say Text Ring (block diagram constant), as it seems that both the menu ring and the text ring become the same thing as a constant.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,368 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

Please check below link for the list of styles:

https://lavag.org/topic/14519-new-vi-object-style-list/?do=findComment&comment=87007

-In the above post method also showed to get list of styles.

Spoiler
For Ring Constant it is 2008

Just posting the same here: Source:https://lavag.org/topic/14519-new-vi-object-style-list/?do=findComment&comment=87020

Spoiler

Thanks
uday
Message 5 of 10
(4,354 Views)

Funny because my style ring doesn't have item called Ring Constant.

Below you can see styles from LAVA and from my ring. Is it a bug? I'm using LabVIEW 2013.Styles.png

But thanks anyway. 2008 works 🙂

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,293 Views)
I checked in LV2015 and i couldn't find it and it showed same as above.
-Anyway 2008 creates Ring constant 🙂
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,267 Views)

OK, so NI guys, please do something about it 😄

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,259 Views)

@bienieck wrote:

OK, so NI guys, please do something about it 😄

They already have done something about it.  As mentioned earlier you are looking for "Text Ring (block diagram constant)".  Check and you will see its value is 2008.

Message 9 of 10
(4,227 Views)

Ah Yes! I missed it it because it says "text" and I was looking for something like "named numeric" or such. Thx anyway.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,204 Views)