LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Lava?

gosenbach wrote:

Coast to Coast AM?

Smiley Very Happy Yes. The X-Files goes talk radio. Fun stuff. Smiley Very Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 62
(1,040 Views)

PaulG. wrote:

gosenbach wrote:

Coast to Coast AM?

Smiley Very Happy Yes. The X-Files goes talk radio. Fun stuff. Smiley Very Happy

Yes it is, I listen to the pod cast almost daily while I am coding.  🙂

Gregory Osenbach, CLA
Fluke
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 62
(1,032 Views)

A few years ago, the Lava Lounge closes in Austin....and now this!

Coincidence??? I don't think so!!! 😮

Trust no one. They're watching. Deny everything. The truth is out there!

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 62
(1,016 Views)
So, where do we go to discuss our work in progress, get feedback, share stuff, etc.?  I've got this nifty little "write array" VI loosely based on Moore Good Ideas' "write anything" VI...  and I'm not very familiar with the NI boards.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 62
(940 Views)

Paul Torek wrote:
So, where do we go to discuss our work in progress, get feedback, share stuff, etc.?  I've got this nifty little "write array" VI loosely based on Moore Good Ideas' "write anything" VI...  and I'm not very familiar with the NI boards.

Oh my.  I have a relative Paul Torek in PA.  You would not happen to be him would you?  This is Greg Osenbach.

Cheers!
Gregory Osenbach, CLA
Fluke
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 62
(931 Views)

Paul Torek wrote:

There is the NI Idea Exchange board.

You can propse ideas that you think would be nice in future versions of LabVIEW.

I guess this could include VIs you are working on that should be implemented.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 62
(910 Views)

Hi Greg,

Oh, and I suppose you're a deposed Nigerian prince, too? Smiley Wink No, I'm the me in Michigan.

Cory K,

I dunno if this belongs in every Labview distribution, it's more for a sub-group of NI's customers.  There are so many awesome ideas in that forum, I don't want mine distracting any NI people from implementing those.  Also, I'm not sure if Moore Good Ideas and NI could agree on using MGI VIs in NI software.  I guess I will be patient and wait for LAVA to come back.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 62
(873 Views)

Paul Torek wrote:

Hi Greg,

Oh, and I suppose you're a deposed Nigerian prince, too? Smiley Wink No, I'm the me in Michigan.

Well, nice to meet you  🙂

I figured as Torek is not the most common surname, I would ask, as my relative is also an engineer.... 

Cheers.

Gregory Osenbach, CLA
Fluke
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 62
(864 Views)

Paul Torek wrote:

You can discuss your code right here on the LabVIEW board. That's not much different than discussing code on Lava or what you have done here in the past. You can also post example code here.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 62
(855 Views)

Welcome the "Dark-Side" Paul!

You will find basically the same crowd here as there but more traffic and less "experts" and drinkers of the "Green Kool-aide".

Ben

Also known as neBulus on LAVA.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 62
(829 Views)