LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What file format should my 16 x 16 and 32 x 32 icons been in when I choose custon icon option in applications builder?

Hi

I am having a problem uploading my icons in appliaction builder.

I check the custom icon box and it asks me for a file.  My icons are two seperate files one the 16 x 16 icon and the other the 32 x 32 icon as icon (.icn) files

I can only seem to upload one of these and I get a pop-up telling me the file I have uploaded does not contain all the necessary information, i.e. I can only upload either the 16 x 16 or the 32 x 32 icon.

Does anybody know what I should do to get round this.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Ash

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,604 Views)
I think that if you saved them as .ico instead of .icn, it would work.  Give it a try and let us know.

Hope that this helps,
Bob Young
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,595 Views)

Hi Bob

Thanks for your reply.

My icons are in .ico files but I still can't load both.  I can only seem to load the 32 x 32 or 16 x 16. 

Should I be formating both icons into a single file before uploading?  And if so how should I be formating to file?

Many thanks for your help

Ash

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,582 Views)
Hello !
I had the same problem and it takes time to find !
You have to use a paint soft (e.g. The Gimp, it is free ! or Photoshop) and create 4 tracings (it is the english translation of "calque" but I don't know if it is really good) : 16*16 and 32*32 each in black and white and in color, and superpose them.
To help, you can open the LabVIEW icon with the paint soft, you will see how it works.
I hope my explain is clear, because I don't speak english very well !
Lounche.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,560 Views)
I've been using the icon editor that comes with LabWindows/CVI but there are others such as Microangelo that will work just as well. All of the different resolutions have to be saved into the same file. What version of LabVIEW do you have? I believe that 8.0 now comes with an icon editor.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,550 Views)

Thanks Dennis

I saved the all icons in a single icon file defining with an icon editor how I wanted the icons to appear 32 x 32 colour, 32 x 32 b/w, 16 x 16 colour and 16 x 16 b/w.

This way the icons uploaded and the application software looks great!

Many thanks

Ash

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,545 Views)