LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean?

I am having a hard time understanding what arrays, clusters and strings mean, and what roles they play; will you please explain it in layman's term to me.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,329 Views)

An array is a series of elements of the same type. It can have varying lengths (An analogy would be a building which can have many floors, but all the floors would be designed in the same way).

A cluster is a collection of elements which can be of different types, like a bag - it can have an apple, three oranges and a cell phone, but you carry them in a single bag.

A string is simply a sequence of alphanumeric characters, like a word or a sentence.

This is all really basic stuff. To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here, here, here and here are a few you can start with and here are some tutorial videos. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

Thanks, I have the manual and all but I guess I learn faster and understand it more if someone else explain it to me.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,306 Views)