From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What causes this error "The requested action is invalid while onboard memory is disabled"?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am in the process of enabling continuous peer-to-peer streaming between the PXIe-5122 Oscilloscope and the PXIe-7846R FPGA module. However, I am receiving an error stating "The requested action is invalid while onboard memory is disabled." after the "niScope Fetch Binary 16" VI is executed in the while loop. I could not find any reference to this error online. Does anyone know why the memory might be disabled at this point in the program? This error did not occur before I began adding the P2P functionality (when I just at the waveform generator and oscilloscope programmed in the VI). Attached is a screenshot of the Host VI and the LabVIEW Project.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,090 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Trekkie123

Hi,

I'm not familiar with neither NI Scope nor P2P stream, so I might be wrong.

The error state that the onboard memory is disabled.

Reading the documentation for P2P stream of PXIe-5122, it says that the onboard memory is disabled by default during P2P stream. You would have to enable the onboard memory through property node to store data to onboard memory while a P2P endpoint is enabled.

Message 2 of 2
(999 Views)