LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the common solutions to GPIB EBUS (14) error?

I have a data collection application (LV 5.1.1) reading HP3421A's over a GPIB bus. After about 12 hours of operation, my log file fills up with EBUS (GPIB 14) errors. Once the first error occurs, no command succeeds. I've swapped HP boxes, GPIB cables, and PC's with the same result. Any suggestions how to proceed would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,110 Views)
Attaching your VI would help but first check to see if you're opening VISA references without closing them. In 5.1.1, the proper thing to do is to open a reference once at the beginning of the program and close them when the program finishes. Also, check to see if you're reading the entire contents of the GPIB buffer and not just a few characters.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,110 Views)
HI,

Also check the following Knowledge Base article. I might give more ideas.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/E185E6BE180AC660862568EA0080DF3E?OpenDocument

DiegoF
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,110 Views)
Thanks for your helpful replies. However the problem turned out to be a change (behind my back!) of the testing system. Instead of heating the testing loop with the ol' reliable AC supply, the technician went to a new DC supply. There's a fault in the wiring somewhere that appears to short the HP 3421A boxes to the 1000A power supply. This, as you might expect, makes them grumpy. Electrical intervention has taken place and the test is running again.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,110 Views)