LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the best resources for absolute beginners to use to self learn labview?

Hey guys, so beyond basic googling , what are some good resources for a beginner to learn lab view (for absolute beginner to moderate). Please share anything you think is useful , including books, tutorials, websites , YouTube videos,phone apps,etc.
Also for the cheeky peeps, yes i can google it 🙂 , I'm hoping to get recommendations that one may not easily find unless one knows whats to looks for .
Free resources are Ideal , but if you do recommend paid resources i may still check it out.
Thanks everyone !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,127 Views)

For absolute beginners, start with the links towards the top of the LabVIEW forum board clearly labeled as "LabVIEW Training Resources".  Then actually explore the LabVIEW Wiki (included in the links mentioned above) for links to presentations, blogs, etc. that are incredibly helpful.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(1,116 Views)

Self study only gets you to a certain point. Finding someone to mentor you will become key at some point. Next best thing is finding a user group and talking to people there (when it's allowed). 

The best "resource" you can get, could actually earn you money.

Apply for a job (or traineeship) at an alliance partner! Any company that is "invested" in LabVIEW would do of course.

Some might require some experience, but I think enthusiasm is more important.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,092 Views)

The official training Resources on this site is a good start. Tom's LabVIEW adventure have good videos on YT, but i don't know if there's anyones for absolute beginners. NI has some videos also, but i'd say they are both valuable once you have some grasp of the basics.

These forums are good, as many have asked the questions you will have and there are many good code examples to learn from.

The Rube Goldberg Code-thread on Breakpoint have lots of good examples of anti-code, and shows better solutions, but as above it's more valuable once you have the basics down.

So, go through the LV Basic, then:

Build a Prime finder.

Build a program that Counts the frequency of all Words in a text document and shows them in some graph.

Build a program that inverts all colors in a Picture.

Then you should have some understanding of methods, possibilities and problems. 🙂

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,049 Views)