LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are some of your favorite packages / VIs?

After Hoovah gave me a link to his Variant Repository, I realized it was a very useful bit of code.  This got me thinking:  What are some other addins or libraries that people use, and why?  Or maybe just one little VI that you find yourself using over and over.

To get it started, I have attached one such VI that will move a "pop-up" input window to your mouse location.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,684 Views)

Most of these are quite useful: Reference Design Portal

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,653 Views)

Linking to a repository is cheating!

I'm more curious to find out what your favorites are and why 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,631 Views)

I made this vi several years ago and still use it all the time. We do lots of data logging here and the standard is a time stamp on column 1 and then data in columns 2-x.

The time stamp can be fed in or generated in the vi if the timestamp input is left disconnected.

It also takes a single dimension [DBL] array of measurements and file reference and converts the LV timestamp to OLE (Excel) time.

The thing I like about using it over other methods of writing a spreadsheet file, even XLR8, is since it uses file references the data file is locked so if you try to open it. You can still open it in Excel but only read only. This allowes LabView to still be able to write to the file when you are viewing it in Excel. I know you should not do that, but everybody here does it.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 5 of 8
(2,604 Views)

It looks like some of the OpenG library already exists in standard LabVIEW. Is this just because it was developed in older versions?

And RTSLVU, would you be willing to post that for version 13?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,549 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

It looks like some of the OpenG library already exists in standard LabVIEW. Is this just because it was developed in older versions?

And RTSLVU, would you be willing to post that for version 13?

Here you go 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,536 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

It is more like OpenG just created the palettes to some nice gems that already existed in LabVIEW.  Speaking of gems: Hidden Gems in vi.lib

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,515 Views)