From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What OS is best for LabView Real Time?

Our computer will be dedicated to running a LabView program that will collect and display sensor information on the virtual instrument panel. What OS will provide the most reliable and compatable environment for LabView Real Time?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,323 Views)
There are not any compatibility issue with OS's running LabVIEW that communicates to a LabVIEW RT system or LabVIEW targeted to an RT target. The thing that you should consider would be the reliablity of the OS in general. LabVIEW and the Real-Time module will run on any of the current Windows OS's but I would recommend Windows 2000 or XP just because they are the most reliable Windows OS's. Others may have more detailed opinions on which is the more reliable OS in general.

Regards,

JR A.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,323 Views)

hi, i wanna ask about win xp, in some posts people says is not suitable use rt on windows because of the difficulty of give priority to certain task over the other ones, i wanna know if i can work just with windows xp or must i use an real time OS.

thanks for help

Pedro Rivera

.:. Pedro Rivera .:.
i love to work and develop on labview, this is real fun!!!
Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,960 Views)