From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Does Yellow Mean?

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

At some point I'll try how this all relates to red nodes.

As I understand it, red nodes are nodes that have been depreciated. They are independent of any ini file setting, but in a certain LabVIEW version they get marked as depreciated by a flag and are then rendered automatically red in this and newer versions. They are still working, possibly with drawbacks due to some extension in functionality but it's an indication: "Whatch out we have determined that something is not as we want it to be with this function and do not recommend to use it anymore. It may stay in LabVIEW forever, but could just as easily disappear at some point if the burdon to keep its functionality intact gets to heavy to carry along!"

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 11 of 14
(270 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

At some point I'll try how this all relates to red nodes.

As I understand it, red nodes are nodes that have been depreciated. They are independent of any ini file setting, but in a certain LabVIEW version they get marked as depreciated by a flag and are then rendered automatically red in this and newer versions. They are still working, possibly with drawbacks due to some extension in functionality but it's an indication: "Whatch out we have determined that something is not as we want it to be with this function and do not recommend to use it anymore. It may stay in LabVIEW forever, but could just as easily disappear at some point if the burdon to keep its functionality intact gets to heavy to carry along!"

Yes, I mend if I could QD CTRL+SHIFT+B to set an obsolete function.

I don't think that works. IIRC, there used to be a FrontPanel.Open property, that is now obsolete. But you can't set it with QD. Which is perfectly OK...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(260 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I don't think that works. IIRC, there used to be a FrontPanel.Open property, that is now obsolete. But you can't set it with QD. Which is perfectly OK...

It works in LV2015 and LV2019. It is QD with 'FP.Open' or 'Front Panel Window:Open' and Ctrl+Shift+B.

Message 13 of 14
(249 Views)

@UliB wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

It works in LV2015 and LV2019. It is QD with 'FP.Open' or 'Front Panel Window:Open' and Ctrl+Shift+B.

Ah, thanks. I tried it on a Front Panel reference...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(246 Views)