From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weiss wind tunnel

Hi, I have an old (20years) Weiss wind tunnel, it is using LabVIEW and J-bus protocol to control, I want to change to Acsll2 protocol, but I couldn't control it.

Note:

1- I have the LabVIEW program done, it is working(tested on other chamber)

2- I could not communicate ONLY the Ascii2 32bits. since the first bit is output on/off, so I need to change to internal mode using the control panel to turn digital output 1 on, then change to external mode, then use LabView to control temp. and humidity etc.

3- I was thinking, 

1) restart the whole wind tunnel, but I think it will create lots of problems, it has been powered             on for ages 🙂

2) has is something to do with the J-Bus PCB board?(disconnect etc./rewiring digital outputs   

from J-Bus to ??etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,114 Views)

Hi Mong,

why don't you ask Weiss (or whoever gives support for that old device)?

1. Nice. But as long as you don't attach the VI it's quite irrelevant to your question.

2. We don't know what you want to say with this - as long as you don't provide any useful information like a programming manual of your Weiss device.

3. Ask the technicians in your lab. Test the PCB board. Ask the support for that device.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,048 Views)

Oh I sorted myself 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,025 Views)

@Mong1995 wrote:

Oh I sorted myself 🙂

I hope you did not hurt yourself!

Spoiler
Reminds me a customer that was the PHD guiding my development of a wind tunnel. His name was/is "Zipping Wang".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,010 Views)

Hi Mong,

are you willing to share your solution so other with the same problem might learn from it?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,007 Views)